Fractured Thrones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fractured Thrones

Vampire Larp

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

01 NOV 09 - Game...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Red
Admin
The Red

01 NOV 09 - Game... Empty
PostSubject: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Everyone please remember that Nov 1st not only marks "falling back" (plz make sure to change your clocks before going to bed the night before), but more importantly, it is something far more.

Nov 1st is the Day of the Dead (or Dia de los muertes). If people have ideas on how we can decorate for the occasion much less foods to bring, please lets share and have a good plan ahead of time.

-Red
Back to top Go down
http://autumnwraith.deviantart.com
Frank Parker

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:50 pm

My House is still an option, but be advised that I might get stuck with duty so that might change between now and then
Back to top Go down
Adara Lykforn

Adara Lykforn

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:23 pm

I have an idea for the Day Of the Dead decorations. If any of you remember what Lisa's mask looked like the night of the masquerade, then picture that without the pink and red flowers. If everyone 1 person could bring a blank white mask like that (or if 1 [or more] person[s] would like to bring about 12 or more blank masks) {OR we could all pitch in and give one person the money to get said masks} we could decorate each mask in a typical Day of the Dead design. It's not that hard to find. It all depends on what each person likes on said design. I could find and print as many designs as possible and see what each person likes. Maybe we can all get together on the weekend before the actual day of Nov. 1st. Or whichever day is good for people. And we could have like a Day of the Dead masquerade thingy. It's an idea. Don't hate.

And another idea for the design of the host's palace (im calling it a palace cause i think the word is cooler Razz) usually the colors for the Day of the Dead are bright yellows, reds, oranges, pinks,light & medium blues, light & medium greens. Stuff like that. Smile

Please let me know what y'all think.

Thanks,

Nicole (Adara)

And P.S. foods for this day are typically bread related and kind of like thanks giving. pumpkin pie, candied pumpkin, other bread recipes. And typically the decor is skeletons with bright colors and figurines with skeletal faces but happy everything else. This day is about celebrating the life of death and how it is easier to communicate with the dead on this day. Ok im done now Razz
Back to top Go down
Adara Lykforn

Adara Lykforn

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Another name for the masks they use is Sugar Skull masks. If no one wants to wear said masks we could hang them up on the walls with putty stuff that i usually use to put up posters cause it doesn't leave a stain on the wall and they don't leave a mark either. And i'm thinking that the host would like that Smile .... we could also put streamers up using that putty stuff i mentioned before. And maybe some brightly colored blankets? *shrug* it's a thought. Let me know if my ideas are good or not.

Thanks,

Nicole (Adara)
Back to top Go down
The Red
Admin
The Red

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:07 am

i'd have to look for it again and get an actual recipe but there's a particular type of bread that is normally made too. also skulls in general are a fantastic decor. i like the mask idea (although i have no clue to your reference as i was not there that game) and i will be free the sunday prior (although it's supposed to be a d&d weekend but we have not been having fantastic luck running that game in months). if i have time i can make up some quetzalcoatl art, as long as no one is adverse to anything snake-like.

i like the idea generating so far, i'm busy tomorrow but i'll try and do some further research on friday and saturday. if anyone else has other ideas, please share! =D
Back to top Go down
Maria Giovanni

Maria Giovanni

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Please remeber the day before is also Sanhain or Holloween, which is also important. Also, Nov 1st is also All Saint's Day if anyone cares. As for decor, thats fine, but Sat also being a holiday may make it hard for some.
Back to top Go down
Adara Lykforn

Adara Lykforn

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Ok. I'm thinking that which ever day is best for the majority we should get together on that day. And I understand that those days are holidays and I completely respect that Smile Like I said which ever day is best.

Please let me know.

thanks,

Nicole (Adara)

P.S. I think the day of our d&d game day would be great to get together. But that is up to the rest of you.
Back to top Go down
The Red
Admin
The Red

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:12 am

yes, i'm full aware that the day before game is hallowe'en/samhain. yes, most people are going to be tired if they actually have anything to do that evening. and i'm sure we can all be responsible adults, plan ahead and not come to game hungover (for those of a legal age to drink). i'm also sure that most people will not want to have 2 games missed in a row (this upcoming game is only canceled because stefan has to work).

el dia de los muertos is a holiday that does not belong to any one specific religion. even though dia de los muertos is more specifically a mexican/latin american version of the holiday, the idea is sort of universal for that particular day. plus "day of the dead" actually fits into the scope of the game. and i'm sure that most of us can still be capable of fulfilling our spiritual duties that day.

i'm not going to pretend to know anything about all saints day and what it means to roman catholics (as i am not roman catholic myself). this is not to open up a lecture about such either. but if anyone is obligated that day to go to mass and therefore have to miss game, please let stefan know by pm'ing the admin. and that goes for anyone else as well.

i personally think that too many people will not want to game on hallowe'en. besides, not many people would even stay in character i think if we tried to do it hallowe'en (aside from the variety of plans that most of us probably have).
Back to top Go down
Adara Lykforn

Adara Lykforn

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:25 pm

I totally agree with you Red. It might sounds really lame, but i don't have any plans on Halloween so i wont have a problem with going to game. I just want to know what everyone thinks of my ideas and if we should do them.

Let me know,

thanks
Back to top Go down
Frank Parker

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:21 pm

As you all know,
My house is still a viable option for game, however, because the watchbill hasn't been written for November yet, and my boss can be a dick, I might have duty on the first; not likely because I always ask for Sundays off and its usually the only day I ask for off, but still possible, in the event I have duty that day, I will call Stefan as soon as I find out.
Back to top Go down
Christian Finnegan

Christian Finnegan

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Can we please game sunday, that's the first day i'll be back from Jamacia. I don't wanna have to miss yet another game, especially when i'm bringing in my new character.
Back to top Go down
Frank Parker

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:00 pm

do you mean this Sunday the 25OCT09? If so, that's up to Stefan, but Jen has given me the go ahead to say that if everyone does want to game that my house is an option for this Sunday as well as next Sunday.
Back to top Go down
The Red
Admin
The Red

PostSubject: warning strong language ahead   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:52 am

i've been working like fucking crazy recently. and the only person that posts here that can remotely understand would be freddie. being in the shipyards fucking sucks major balls, especially with shit breaking (like tonight......for fucks sake). i have duty tomorrow on saturday (technically today but wtf). sunday is my only day off this week and if i do anything game related it would be to hopefully set up for the nov 1st game. AND i still have to go by halloween stores to get stuff.

also to note, even though stefan NORMALLY gets sundays off, this is always subject to change and game CAN get cancelled at the last moment. it's possible that he might get called in on sunday (hopefully not *knock on wood*) or the next weekend or the weekend after that. and if stefan gets called in to work on sunday, game will get cancelled.

sorry but that's how it is. now i'm wondering if it's worth it to get 3 hrs of sleep or if i should just stay up for the night. yay.

btw to clarify, i have no idea if i'm going to be up to do anything on sunday. i might be comatose for most of the day. sorry.
Back to top Go down
Adara Lykforn

Adara Lykforn

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:39 am

I still like the Nov 1st idea. And hopefully Stephan won't get called into work. >.< uhm... like usual i'm free for anyday.... -_-'' but i might have to babysit so i don't know. Hopefully everything will go great this sunday Smile *crosses fingers* and i would very much like to game at Freddie and Jen's house cause Jen is cool (Razz) and their house is totally uber! ^_^

Ok, so let's say that everyone can make it. Who is bringing what?

I'm thinking of cookies, lol yet again yes, hopefully i can make some Halloween-y cookies Very Happy

thanks,

Nicole (Adara)
Back to top Go down
Maria Giovanni

Maria Giovanni

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:05 pm

God I hated the shipyards when I was in(Yes, I am prior navy) so I am SO sorry to hear about that. Anyways, I was going to bring Spanish Hot Chocolate, as it is traditional during the time. I know it isn't food, but I think it should be there.
Back to top Go down
Adara Lykforn

Adara Lykforn

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:52 pm

Alright so I have a glitch in my plans for attending game this sunday. I might have to babysit for a family friend the whole week next week so i won't be able to go. But if i don't have to then I'm going for game. Hopefully I can make it but I do need the money Smile

Thanks,

Nicole (Adara)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 01 NOV 09 - Game...   01 NOV 09 - Game... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

01 NOV 09 - Game...
Page 1 of 1