Fractured Thrones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fractured Thrones

Vampire Larp

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Preparations for the Masquerade next Sunday

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Red
Admin
The Red

Preparations for the Masquerade next Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Preparations for the Masquerade next Sunday   Preparations for the Masquerade next Sunday Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:10 pm

like i stated in another post, there is a 95% chance of me being in virginia beach tomorrow with crystal (5% chance of it being cancelled in the event she gets called in to work, but hopefully that does NOT happen *knock on wood*).

we will be going to michael's to get her mask and stefan's mask for the masquerade. they normally have the flimsy, fairly inexpensive plastic masks there that you can also get at the hallowe'en stores. we will be getting stuff to decorate them with as well. so if you want to tag along for arts and crafts day, let me know.

we will also be going by jo-ann's fabrics, cuz i found some cute fabrics that i'm completely obsessed with. they will probably have even more stuff to help decorate masks with since they usually have a decent crafts section. putting it out there in the event someone wants to tag along to that as well.

of note, now/soon is a good time to get some stuff for game. from the hallowe'en stores that should be open soon (if they are currently open, i need to know WHERE to go....). some one mentioned wanting wings for something (i assume costuming for the masquerade). most of the stores will usually have a decent selection of fangs as well (i need to get some new ones myself...). and for our nos friends, the fake applications of various icky things and face paint for costuming is always a nice plus. liquid latex also helps in certain applications of making with the fake ickies, and if you plan on using it a lot, make sure to stock up before the hallowe'en stores go away (although some of this stuff you can buy year round online as well).

just want to throw these ideas out there. we have a wonderful time coming up upon us that we can use the consumer-ism part to our advantage. speaking of, hallowe'en is on a saturday this year and i do not have duty the day of or the day after. and as always, it is subject to approval but i would may chance suggest that we do something for it (preferably the day of). nov 1st is also a regularly scheduled vampire game as well, which is also known by such lovely names as day of the dead (my favorite) or better yet el dia de los muertos (quetzalcoatl might get another present this year....i gave him art last year, he was happy), or all souls day. (it is also known as all saint's day, all hallows or hallowmas, but i think the aztecs and other central american cultures had the right idea). but to start thinking of a theme for that particular game, lots of skull related items, monarch butterflies, candles, etc i think are just a couple of nice things to maybe consider. it is a day for honoring the dead after all, which we are....in character.

so if anyone wants to tag along tomorrow, text me at 425-770-2409. i'm shooting for just a little bit past noon cuz i want to sleep in. and if you txt me, make sure you let me know who you are cuz i don't have everyone in my phone.
Back to top Go down
http://autumnwraith.deviantart.com
The Red
Admin
The Red

Preparations for the Masquerade next Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparations for the Masquerade next Sunday   Preparations for the Masquerade next Sunday Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:00 am

i'm not gonna be headed to va beach until later in the day (i have to wait for crystal to be off of work before going to michael's). i will still be stopping by the fabric store before meeting them at hobbytown. so either txt me (later in the afternoon!) and let me know if you want to come out for arts and crafts or just meet me at hobbytown.
Back to top Go down
http://autumnwraith.deviantart.com

Preparations for the Masquerade next Sunday
Page 1 of 1